Mind Power Author Stephen Richards

Mind Power Author Stephen Richards
MIND POWER AUTHOR - STEPHEN RICHARDS

Thursday 31 January 2013

THE DANGERS OF A MILLIONAIRE MINDSET BY STEPHEN RICHARDS

As many of you know, I have been edging you forward to your desires for a number of years now. Some of you have taken to it like a duck to water while some of you are just going through the motions. You may well drive a flash car and live in a posh house, but are they all paid for? Living beyond your means in the pretend world is not what I had in mind for you when we started out.

You go to your graves riddled in debt, and what for ... looking flash without the cash is worthless! Do you know that in the US, over three-quarters of people driving luxury cars are living beyond their means! Yes!!

You may well be hiding where you came from, I mean your roots. If they, your roots, are steeped in poverty, so what! Look, if you were brought up in a poor man’s brand of drink and prefer that to this very day then don’t pretend you like expensive wine ... I actually I can’t stand many wines ... they taste like rust water! I must be a philistine, although I do now like some red wines!!

BECOMING WEALTHY IS ABOUT ACCUMULATING WEALTH
Live within your means; don’t be frightened to question a bill or a service charge. I live in a rather large house that has a high value, but I could be equally at home in s small shack (actually I do have one in a quiet location with not even an electricity supply). Drag my shack to the suburbs of London and it would be worth millions, but so what! Do I care? No! So long as I am happy. However, I also own a portfolio of rental properties worth millions! I drive a number of cars and work related vehicles, but I couldn’t even begin to tell you the values or how old some of these vehicles are ... as it is simply academic to me. So long as the vehicle is fit for the job then so what! 

GET REAL IF YOU WANT TO BE RICH
Stash the cash and stop being flash if you want to give being wealthy a bash! The top brands of products are aimed at ordinary people. They give the illusion that by owning these things that you will become special and mesh with the wealthy! Rubbish!! 

ARE YOU THE GREAT PRETENDER?

In the US there are 1,138,070 millionaires living in properties worth less than a quarter of a million pounds sterling! People value their home first, income ranks second and wealth ranks third. But to get that home when you are on a knife edge of the economy is pointless! You are tied to debt and a treadmill existence in terms of eking out a living.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?

Get off the consumer treadmill! We can change the direction of our lives, we are not on a path we cannot change ... we are very much in control of our lives. This is a comforting thought, I believe. I would not like to think I was not in control of the direction my life will take. In a culture of hyper-consumption, the advertising industry has brainwashed many people into believing they can raise their status just by driving a particular brand of whatever car they are pushing at you.

I have not bought a new vehicle for a number of years, what is the point if the one I have is running fine? I am happy with the paraphernalia in my house, so why should I add to it? Without realising it, my bank balance is actually higher these last few years than it has ever been. I have reached a point of contentment; I do not need to fill my life with chattels that serve no purpose. I gain my wealth from helping others, and that means you. So the next time someone says your car is looking old, don’t be tempted to go out and buy a newer model, tell them you are happy with it. If you are offered brandy when you really want a soft drink then tell them so. Be yourself and become wealthy!

I know a lot of wealthy people, and yet not many of them drive a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari! However, I know a lot of poor people on the verge of bankruptcy driving Bentleys!

COPYRIGHT STEPHEN RICHARDS

Resources for Stephen Richards: 
Subscribe (free - about 12 a year) to the mind power newsletter by Stephen Richards


No comments:

Post a Comment