Mind Power Author Stephen Richards

Mind Power Author Stephen Richards
MIND POWER AUTHOR - STEPHEN RICHARDS

Friday 4 October 2013

How Mind Power Author Stephen Richards Was Spurred On To Success By Negative-Minded Talk

Although I left school with the usual qualifications and went into an electrical engineering apprenticeship, I was just a rodent in the mill of life. I wanted more for myself than to see out my working life as a worker ant. After a few more dead end jobs I saw an ad, it invited the applicant to apply for a scholarship to go to college!

Thankfully my ignorance allowed me to apply. After attending the exam some few hundred miles away from home, I just thought to myself that I had better get on with my life in the slow lane. However, I eventually received a letter saying I had won a $10,000 scholarship and was invited to enroll. This might not sound like a lot of money for a scholarship, but it would be something like the equivalent of $20,000/30,000 nowadays.

So when I received the letter about winning the scholarship, well it was just the icing on the cake. However, the college was hundreds of miles from home, and it would mean me staying in the college halls of residence, and just visiting home every few months. I talked it through with my mother.

I felt guilty about accepting the scholarship as it would mean leaving my mother and younger brother. What spurred me on, though, was a friend of my mother’s saying to her that I would never stick it. After my mother told me what she said to her, well I firmly decided to prove the woman wrong and accepted the enrolment offer.

Long story short, I stuck it out and passed all of my exams and I proved the woman wrong. That was an achievement in itself, as many a time I just felt like walking away from it, but what spurred me on was “he’ll never stick it”.

COPYRIGHT STEPHEN RICHARDS

Resources for Stephen Richards: 

See the Wealth Angels Website for more mind power resourses

Subscribe (free - about 12 a year) to the mind power newsletter by Stephen Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment