Mind Power Author Stephen Richards

Mind Power Author Stephen Richards
MIND POWER AUTHOR - STEPHEN RICHARDS

Saturday 22 December 2012

Self-Confidence Affirmations From Stephen Richards

1.    My self-esteem is my appraisal, my evaluation and my feelings about myself. My opinion of the person who I have been living with since I was born: myself.
2.    I am the one who has to set and follow my goals. I am the one who can deploy my ability to feel confident and to boost my self-esteem to the highest level possible.
3.    Positive thinking means that I am allowing only those good thoughts into my mind, and such thoughts may include words, images and perceptions, which are suitable for personal growth and prosperity.
4.    My self worth is totally independent of any external factors such as: intelligence, wealth, my home, appearance, talents, professional success, my children's success, being attractive to the opposite sex, making friends, disciplines, “spiritual” activities.
5.    I feel warm and loving toward myself, for I am a unique and precious being, ever doing the best my awareness permits, ever growing in wisdom and love.
6.    I am actively in charge of my life and direct it in constructive channels. My primary responsibility is for my own growth and well being (the better I feel about myself, the more willing and able I am to help others.)
7.    My mind and how it thinks and operates is totally my own. I have other rights, too. One of them is the right to make mistakes. To err is human and most of us learn through getting things wrong before we get them right.
8.    I will find 10 minutes every day to be alone, and to just sit and do nothing. During these 10 minutes, I allow myself to feel peaceful and happy. I will enjoy this time. It is mine - and mine alone. Some criticism is justified, and I can learn from it. I listen to criticism without interrupting.
9.    If there are aspects to the criticism that are valid, I begin by agreeing with those points. If parts are unclear, I ask for clarification. If I realize I was wrong, I say so and apologize. If criticism is wrong or unfair, I smile and say so.
10.    People who are fair when they criticize tend to use the word “I” rather than the word “you.” This is because the word “I” shows I am in control and that I've thought about what I am saying.
11.    Some say: “You're incompetent; you've missed the point; your work isn't up to scratch.”
12.    These phrases sound accusatory. They also show no control. And after uttering them, you generally feel worse about yourself and our self-esteem plummets. This is where I will learn to use the word “I” more often.
13.    This is handy when it comes to standing up for myself. It’s useful when I want to say “no” without feeling guilty. I just keep calm and use the word “I”. I can say things like: “I won't be coming to that party with you.” Or: “I'm I can't make it to tea on Saturday because I need to go shopping.” Or: “I'm sorry, I can't work late tonight, but if you need me to, I can stay tomorrow.”
Copyright Stephen Richards

Resources for Stephen Richards:
See videos relating to the work of Stephen Richards on Youtube


No comments:

Post a Comment